Monday, December 17, 2012

Lost Puppy

     Usually when we are getting ready to go some were Bear asks if he can bring Ra Ra.  If you don't know, Ra Ra is the most beloved stuffed animal in our little world. Ra Ra is one of the six Puppy's Gran Dad has given to each of his grand kids the day they were born.  Bear is the only kid in our family who has gotten so attached to his puppy that there would be no sleeping without him.
     Bear: Mom can I bring Ra Ra
     Me: OK, you can bring him this time but he can't go into Kohl's with us he has to stay in the car.
Bear and Ra Ra this last summer. 
 
     We got home from Kohl's with new sheets!  We ran upstairs to put them on the bed before Paul got out of the shower!  We finished out the evening and say our good nights. 10 minutes later I hear the door creak.  Bear comes boldly out and announces, "I don't have Ra Ra. I don't know were he is."  Light were flipped on, Big Brother was out of bed to help the not so detail oriented ones, we look every were.  No Ra Ra.  I looked in the car but only in the back were he would have been.  Bear says, "Mom I took him in the store with me and I don't know were he is."  My heart begins to sink into my stomach.  Not because I would have a crying 3 year old all night.  Not because I would have to drive back out to the store or call to see if he was there but because I realized we may have truly lost Ra Ra.  I had no idea what that shaggy stuffed animal meant to me!  I went to the garage for the second look, just in case.  I looked in the front seat area.  Oh Ra Ra!  There he was all familiar and brown with his little green scarf with the white snow flake.   I burst into tears of relief.   I actually stood in my garage hugging that smelly puppy thanking Jesus that He wasn't lost.
     I was surprised at my response.  I knew I loved how much Bear loved his puppy but I didn't know that I too love him.  The relief, excitement, pleasure, joy, rejoicing and love that swept over me was a wonderful moment.  In that moment over something so silly I think God showed me a sliver of what He feels towards the rebellious or self-righteous unbeliever finally believes.  God's desire is that none should perish, that none be lost.  If I experienced a sliver I am so humbled and nearly blush at the thought of how much God loves me and rejoiced the day I believed in Him for Salvation from my sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment