Friday, December 7, 2012

EACH ONE



10-20-12
Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. Let your speech always be with GRACE, seasoned with salt that you may know how you ought to answer each one. Col. 4:5-6
     Wow! This about did me in this morning. I was working on pinpointing idols in my heart. (Idol: A person or thing that captures my heart, mind and affections more that God) 
     CONTROL! That was the topic with Jesus and I this morning. God often uses my 3 to frustrate this idol worship in my life. In general i want things to go my way all the time. I manage naturally. As a stay at home Mom this is often a large part of the job if you are to do it with intention. 
     Instead of freaking out when my kids are making it hard for me to get what I want done, I plan to Breath Deep, Say Jesus You manage my day and then speak to, not at my kids. This is my plan of action to replace the sinful behavior with one that would be a blessing to my God and family. 
     I then was looking up scripture about speech and came to this every so familiar passage in Colossians. What was mind blowing is my kids are THOSE OUTSIDE and EACH ONE! Until these precious babies of mine are sealed with God's spirit I am day in and day out speaking to the unsaved! I know that is so basic but very helpful to have at the for font of my thinking. This scripture also calls us to be intentional. Words like : Toward, redeeming the time and answer!
Everything taste better with salt!!! Pour on the GRACE!!!
----------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment