Sunday, December 9, 2012

END?


     Lately if feels like the week never ends and a new one is already starting.  Paul has about 7 hours of awake free time on Saturday's and the same on Sunday's.  Most of his time spent with our 3 crazies is when they are just that CRAZY!  I'm sure many father's can relate to the bummer of being at work during their kids most happy hours and home during the generally crabby ones.
     We are in a holding pattern with the fire dept.  Paul took a test about a week ago and will hopefully have scored high enough to get an interview.  90 other guys showed up to take that test and there is one 12 month temporary job available.  We works 50 hours a week in a factory were it doesn't matter if you work hard or play on your cell phone everyday as long as you clock in and out at the right  time.  Complacency is hard on the heart when you were taught good strong work ethic and used it your whole life.  Paul continues to run volunteer shifts once a week.  On a shift night he is at the fire station all night.  He has to get up at 4am. regardless of how many calls they get that night.   We are bless to have the opportunity to move Jan. 1st.  This is very exciting as we will save quite a bit on rent and the house will be a wonderful place to make our home for a season.  That being said.  If you have ever moved it is stressful!
     That is a little bit of the circumstance and schedule that my wonderful man is doing faithfully every week.  Mean while every morning he walks out that door to do a job he hates, that doesn't pay all the bills just some, my heart fills with gratitude.  I am so thankful!  I get to stay home and do my career of choice everyday.  Even thought being a full time (by full time of course you know I mean 24/7, not full time 40 hrs a week) homemaker and Mom can be difficult and is a high calling it is a privilege. I get to stay home all day and care for our 3.  I get to be there for every single bump and bruise.  I get to train and teach truth to equip them for life out side our home that will be hard.  I get to be silly and have dance parties or go to the zoo.  I am of course reminding myself as I type.  Is doesn't always feel like "I GET TO" but that is the reality of the situation.  I am so honored to be these babies Mom and to be home with them.
     My hearts desire this week is to make practical changes to try to ease the craziness when Paul gets home from work and the gym.  I am going to try and get dinner prepared way in advance so there isn't much to do or what is left the boys can help me with.  I am going to rest more at nap time so I have more to give Paul when he his home.  I am going to give Paul a massage 2 nights this week.  That last on may sound silly but that is the last thing I every feel like doing at the end of a long day and it blesses him so much.   He asked me to start doing a little packing now so its easier in 3 weeks.  I am going to pack but not get so wrapped up in that that I have nothing left when he gets home.

     We shall see how the week goes.  I fully expect the Lord to give me wisdom on other ways I can best serve and bless my man who is serving and blessing me with almost every hour of his day.
One of the few peaceful moments this weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment