Friday, December 20, 2013

SPIDERMAN ADVENT

     We don't do the Santa thing.  Not because we have any crazy harsh "conviction" about it but just because we want the focus to remain on Jesus' birth.  For Christmas our kiddo's get 3 gifts (one from us and one from each of their 2 siblings +stockings) just like Jesus and we talk about how He has the best birthday. We tell them He desires to have our worship and obedience for His gifts but loves giving, so loves that we give each other gifts on His birthday. "So then who is that big red guy with the flying cows."  Troy asked last year.  Well, His name is Santa and He is a super fun Christmas character.  He is a fun make believe guy to celebrate another man named Chris Kringle.  Chris loved Jesus and gave gifts to people around this time of year.
      We all know that Christmas is a pagan holiday that the church chose to celebrate Jesus on instead. Just like Martin Luther used many bar toons for his hymns.  All that aside we focus on Jesus but I also love the wonder and fun I experience believing in Santa as a child so last year I started Wa Wa Advent. I did 25 days of the new stuffy sneaking out of Bear's bed and setting up fun things for the kids and holding part of our Christmas story. The bit of story is printed on a sticker so we add to the story a little each day and the kids tell the story with me each morning.

They had a blast! I did too until about day 17.  It was just over whelming to be that fun and by the end I had set this SPECTACULAR standard that I was feeling obligated to follow through with.  This is my own spin on elf on the shelf.  This year we used our little Advent door thing that my Parents sent us years ago up till day 20!  Which would be today!  This year Spider man is going to give us the rest of our Christmas story!
December 20th

     It is rolled up there in his hand.  I wanted to enjoy the come to life toy advent thing and not feel like it was one more thing to do and be sick of it by Christmas.  I also knew it was going to be possible that I would have a lot of canvas orders to fill, I did.  Now its time to be fun whimsical Christmas focused Mom.  I love my job! 

December 21st


     Troy wasn't home this morning so Bear and Abi agreed to leave Spidy until he got home from Granny's. Once we got Spidy down I placed him in the window sill that you can see there behind Bear. Just so I knew were he was for the next morning. Bear went and got every Batman he owns and piled them up. I asked what he was doing and he said, "I want Spider Man to make my Batman's come to life too." 

     This morning my alarm didn't go off because some one must have messed with it. It was 6:15 when the first kid went to the bathroom waking me up! AHHHH! I rushed out to the kitchen. I had to be seeky to get things done and not be seen by the wave of bathroom going that happens from 6 on. I guess that window is the magic spot because The Batman's are being made pancakes! Little mini green ones! 
December 23rd


     Today Mike Puppy was placed with Spiderman to hopefully catch the magic! He did! Spidy and Mike are making Christmas Cards! 
December 23rd

No comments:

Post a Comment