Saturday, December 14, 2013

Fallow up to ALL MY HEART

     Its been about a 2 weeks since I wrote ALL MY HEART.  No I didn't get it all figured out as much as the little perfectionist in me would love for that to be the report.  I don't think we ever get to get it all because then we wouldn't NEED Jesus for our every breath.  KNOWING WE NEED HIM is a much better way to live.  See, intimacy with Jesus is it.  Its the end all.  It is the purpose this side of heaven and for all eternity.  When I said I don't know how to trust the Lord with all my heart as we are commanded to in the word I knew the only way to remedy it was to know God Himself more.  Not more about Him, just Him.  I am pleased to report that He did it.  He walked me through crisis He was tenderly WITH ME when I stumble through bouts of anger and tears.  He was patient and provided the perfect encouragement.  Through people, through His word, through His word through people. Fellowship is so vital especially in times of wanting to shake our fist at God and then just dieing! OK, that's a little dramatic but I really do "feel" that way some days. ( Ps. pick your fellowship carefully when you are in crisis mode. Pick people who are going to give you truth only.)
     So all that to say, you guess it.  God is faithful and near.  He has provided for our bills and even rent will be covered by a week of work He has given my hubby.  We just found out that Paul is also still up for the EMT job in Louisville!
      One step at a time.  One moment at a time believing and taking God at his word.  I want to encourage you that believing God doesn't come naturally to us in our human nature.  There are things we can do to live more victoriously.  Remember that victory only comes after a BATTLE.  His word is the anchor we need to stay grounded when emotions are stupid and screaming lies to us in perfect harmony with the enemy of our souls.  Pray, talk to God about everything, David is such a great example of a man who was real with God.  We can be real with Him too.  This last 2 weeks I set my alarm a 1/2 hour early so I could let God have it and then rehearse His truth before I even got out of bed.  Its worth the work.  Whatever pressing into Him looks like for you, do it! Trial and suffering will not have an end while we have our breath before Jesus comes to get us. We can press into Him, know Him and live to the fullest even when the trials keep coming.
     Side note: Abi, swallowed a hair clip. I didn't freak out! I have been a freak out Mom in the past but as I am trusting the Lord with more of my heart this one kind of surprised me. She is ok, just waiting for the thing to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment