Wednesday, December 25, 2013

GIFT

I am currently sitting in the Louisville air port waiting for my Mom and brother to get here. There flight is an hour delayed so I have time to mentally digest 1 Corinthians. I listened to the whole book on the way down. I haven't listened to scripture in a chunk like that in a while. I love doing that because you get tje context of the entire thought behind scriptures that are highlighted by memorization.  Chapter 12 is all about the gifts of the Spirit. How they are GIFTS. I got a gift today. One that I couldn't get myself. It never once crossed my mind to take creadit for such a wonderful gift. If anything I wanted to brag on my man who some how (the whole family knows and no one tells) got me something of great value. When it comes to the gifts of the Spirit some how we look at them differently. As if we are something when we use them. Pride is a sneaky glory destroying tragity that we have participated in. The purpose of the gifts of the Spirit is to edify the body and and share the hope of Jesus with those who don't love Him yet. So He gives gifts for the purpose of love and we get selfish with them. We what to do what others do or we don't want to do what we know God has called us to. We put a value tag on one gift and consider another not as important. I think Paul addresses this when he repeats over and over "but one Spirit." Don't forget in all serving that it is never to elivate yourself. Never! I think if I checked this motive more offen I would enjoy more the things God has called me to.
     Here is the encouragement.  You that love  Jesus have a gift.  Find out what it is and use it to edify and evangelize (remember stay at home mom you have oppertunity to do this the moment your  kids wake up). Lets ask the Lord to truely be Lord. .like He leads and without protest we say yes Lord. When people do get edified and evangelized be vigilant to remember that all you did was bring the gift to the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment