Monday, December 9, 2013

THIS LOVE THING


   
     I have been doing a study on my own since Woman's study at my church ended.   I go through different seasons of studying God's word.  Some times I'll do word studies on an area of life that I'm really struggling with or what ever the study is with the Ladies at church (last one was a Beth Moore).  I haven't done and inductive study on my own before and I kind of love it.  This is just a book with simple instructions to study a book of the bible one line at a time. You get to print out a book and then mark it all up with different colors and symbols.  This works really well for me as I remember much more if there is a logo involved!  Might have something to do with growing up as a sign painters daughter.  There are many ways to study God's word, may I encourage you that there is nothing more important in your day.  NOTHING!  In our busy lives if we don't carve out time for connecting with God in His word we wont.  Then we miss out on a vital part of ABIDING in Him. So, on to what I am learning:
Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence:  If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.  Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him.  And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us. 1 John 3:18-23

     I love how the scripture says if our hearts condemn us!  Ah yeah!  I am just now getting grace to the point were my heart condemns me and I am able to say shhhhhh, no I am believing God and what He says about me.  God sums up His desire for us this side of Heaven, to believe on the name of His Son and to love one another.  Sounds simple but that encompasses everything in our everyday life. 
     To believe on the name of Jesus is not just, Jesus I believe you died and rose again is to surrender everything we have learned from this world and become like a child completely dependent on Him for training our thoughts and actions to come in line with His.  To believe on Jesus is to read the world and actually believe if or ourselves. 
     I have been pleasantly shocked at how in my own life as I have started really taking God at His word and this loving others thing has become so much more natural.  I mean real love, the kind that doesn't "love" to get something in return.  I have also noticed that when I BELIEVE on the name of Jesus in the every day nitty gritty instead of functioning in fear or frustration I am starting ask/pray boldly.  There is a difference in the request too.  I still ask for tangible things and we have some pretty major needs right now but its not the first thing on my mind.  I have started asking boldly for life giving things beyond food and housing. Like, healing, increased faith, humility, and harmony.  Guess what?  He is saying YES!  It is so EXCITING! 
     I want to encourage you my reader to BELIEVE on the name of Jesus for more that salvation.  Cast your cares on Him and see how He cares for you.  Then watch how when you believe Him, He works these other things naturally through that avenue of faith you have paved together.  Have a wonderful day. Even though you can't know exactly who is reading your blog. I have a deep care and affection for you my reader.  Thank you for reading what God is teaching me and know that I pray for you that if there is any nugget in here for your that God would highlight it and encouraging you. Have a wonderful day abiding in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment