Monday, November 5, 2012

Dater Weekend!



Bear in his car seat holding tight to the Starbucks card.
     This was such a great weekend! Paul decided not to go to small group Friday night because he was on the edge of burn out physically. I know that if i went with out him he would lay half awake waiting for me to get home so I decided to stay home too. We hate to miss it but you just have to choose rest sometimes. Paul worked his 5 usual hours on Saturday but then he didn't run a shift on Sunday night so we almost had a whole weekend together!
     The second half of Saturday Paul and Troy took off just the two of them to Toy's R US to shop for Christmas for Bear. Paul said it was so interesting watching the struggle Troy went through over wanting to pick something he knew Bear would like but not making sure he would like to "share" it with him too. In the end Troy made a great choice and Paul had a good time of training the heart. 
     Church was all about the sovereignty of God in general and in light of the election coming. Also our Pastor urged everyone to VOTE. Don't sit back and say I don't like either choice and not be salt and light. Decide which one comes closet to lining up with God's word and and VOTE for him. Then wake up Wednesday morning and rejoice because God IS IN CONTROL of governments! I wanted to come out of my seat as if i was at a foot ball game! There are often times in Church or when someone is speaking the truth well that I have to use serious self-control to stay in my seat!
You can hear the message at graceky.org
     During nap time on Sunday Paul and I had a great talk (will post a something separate on that). Once Bear woke we all Syped with Mamo and Uncle Lucas and then is was Date time. It was mine a Bear's turn to go on a date. Paul took Bear aside and gave him the Starbucks gift card and asked him to take me out on a date (Great idea we got from some friends). I don't know what else he told Bear they were talking for a while about it. So cute.
     Off we went. Bear didn't know that we were also going to Toy's R Us to shop for Troy. When we got to Starbucks Bear opened my door and ordered my drink and payed for it. He got an apple juice and asked the gal to write his name on it. The name on your drink in my boy's favorite part. We sat at Bear's choice of a table and talked a little. Once we got my drink and took a few pictures Bear said, "OK lets go now." 3 minutes! Great DATE! Toy's R US is across the street so as we drove out Bear said, "Mom I found Toy's R US! Lets go there!" I got to say yes! As we got out of the car Bear let me know that he had the great idea to go to Toy's R US and I had the great idea to shop while we were there. I love him!
It was such a refreshing weekend for us.
Big man ordering. 

Notice the Name! 


"hmmmm....try again Bear"
"Oh well...good job buddy"

     


1 comment:

  1. Love this girl!! you guys rock!! You are such great parents. Troy and Bear are getting so big. Love to hear the story of your days. :) Love ya! Keep up the good work. Callie

    ReplyDelete