Friday, January 24, 2014

CALL

Call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you will glorify Me. Ps. 50:15

Hebrew:
call: to call out by name
trouble: tightness
deliver: smoothness
glorify: to be heavy (numerous, rich, honorable) to make weighty, about with honour

     How often do we run to everyone or thing else first.  I usually know that I'm not going to God first with a day of trouble when I call a bunch of people to complain to or "ask for prayer."  I have been troubled in the past and called like 4 people, on different time zones and no one picks up.  God's availability and power to help is endless and often it can be the last place we go.  Just look at this promise.  We call on Him and He delivers and we get to glorify Him.  This is the whole point of the Christian's life this side of heaven.  I love that the Hebrew word for trouble is tightness and the result of going to God with it is smoothness.  Yes please! I don't have the energy for tightness!
     Now of course it matters the state of our heart that we go to God with.  If we go shaking our fist and don't put it down in humility then we aren't going to enjoy the smoothness that God is offering.  I have done both.  Often I go to God shaking my fist.  I have literally been driving down the road in the car by myself (not to long ago) screaming at God!  I screamed every complaint about the trouble we were in and then screamed at the truth He was gently bringing to mind about who He is.  I walked away from that car ride with a horse voice and peaceful heart.  I know not everyone is going to be as intense as I am but the same principle applies.  We get to go to God in our days of trouble and HE WILL DELIVER US!  He may deliver us IN the trouble and not from it but either way I'll take it.  I love peace of heart so much .  Today I want to call on the name of the LORD.  How about you?  Are you in a day of trouble that you need some smoothing deliverance?
  CALL ON HIM! 


No comments:

Post a Comment