Monday, February 3, 2014

JUST

     I just can't keep it in. I am not to full understanding about what God is teaching me right now but if I don't share some of the tiny nuggets I will burst at the seems.
     I have shared some of the trials my family has gone through. Mostly financial and if you compare it to others it would pail but God knows what gets us desperate and this is working.  I'm not talking about a God that enjoys making us miserable I am am talking about this God:

1 Samuel 2:6-10

“The Lord kills and makes alive;
He brings down to the grave and brings up.
The Lord makes poor and makes rich;
He brings low and lifts up.
He raises the poor from the dust
And lifts the beggar from the ash heap,
To set them among princes
And make them inherit the throne of glory.
“For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s,
And He has set the world upon them.
He will guard the feet of His saints,
But the wicked shall be silent in darkness.
“For by strength no man shall prevail.
10 The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken in pieces;
From heaven He will thunder against them.
The Lord will judge the ends of the earth.
     He is in charge in control and involved in all we go through. Roman's 8:28 is the only thing that makes it OK with my soul. 


     So here is what I am learning. There are season's for "looking" for the good in a situation. I think with this next round of hard in my families life its not that season for me. I believe God is calling me to abandon my own understanding completely (Prov. 3:5-6). When I go through something hard I often want to feel better about it but even that right now in my life is "my own understanding." Its a little scary for me to get vulnerable with Jesus and JUST TRUST HIM. Nothing else. Trust Him with my whole heart/mind. That means every time thoughts are suggested by Satin or others that are not in line with God's word I am to shut it down and trust Him. Sheesh, now that I am trying to articulate it doesn't seem as powerful as it in in my heart. Hopefully this encourages someone. 
     Is there something in your life that brings you the the brink of complete confusion and desperation? You can't for the life of you figure out what in the world God is doing and what good will come of it? TRUST. JUST TRUST. Offer your mind as a living sacrifice and weather you feel like it or not and choose to believe the truth of God's word. He will meet you in it with a peace you couldn't describe with all the words in the world. (and then you will struggle again...JUST TRUST AGAIN.)
Taking things one moment at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment