Sunday, February 9, 2014

FOCUSED

     If you are a mom you may have said this to your child one or a million times, "Please, focus on what I am saying."  You say this because you know that if you can give your direction once to a focused child you are more likely not going to have to repeat your self as many times (there is always the kid that forgets the moment they walk away no matter what).  I value functioning well with my children in the command and obey area not because I want to lord over them but because then we get to spend more time on the fun stuff.
       Focus is worship. What we focus on is what we are worshiping.  Just like my desire to get to the fun stuff with my kids God desires to show us His lavish love.  We will miss it if we take our eyes off Him and focus on the trial or hard thing happening.  There is always something wonderful God is doing to show you His love.  It could be healing Cancer in some one we love or it might not be huge. It might just be that you prayed over your laundry soap and you are convinced that it is lasting longer that it should.
  Lately God has been whispering to me to check my focus.  There are a number of difficult circumstances at our door and I have been extremely tempted to take my focus of God and hone it in on what is going "wrong."  The crazy part is its not that hard to make the switch.  You just have to choose it.  If you don't even what to choose it you can ask God to fix your "want to" and He will because to worship Him in spirit and truth is His desire for you.
     I just wanted to pass on the visual of our focus being worship.  What is your focus today?  What or who are you worshiping. We know that if we give it whole heart/mind focus to God he will direct our steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment