Friday, January 9, 2015

"YOU DON'T GET TO NEED ME!"

     I know that is a discussing title but stick with me because I think God is showing me something really rad!  Over the last two years we as a family have been through some difficult times.  NEVER to be compared to the difficult times of others.  Right?  Cause God is the sifter and allower of trials they are like poke-a-dots (that really is the root of the work trials in James 1) yet He has poke-a-dot grace to match each one in each life.  As much as we all wish the point of life this side of heaven would be ease and comfort.  And we each know that its not.  God's desire is that we know Him.  So we accept that the human experience can be very hard and we rejoice when we or others are having a hard break!  Right?
     We are having a bit of a "hard" break ourselves right now.  We are able to buy fabric softener! Such a perk!  My man is doing what he feels called to and getting paid full-time for it (firefighting).  I am doing what I am called to and learning to enjoy it (stay home and educate)!  We are so very blessed.  We still have to trust God for provision every single month but if you have been there you know that even though it it hard and scary at times this too is a blessing.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart...not something that comes with out practice.
     That was a long introduction to my current state today.  Over these trials with income and homelessness over the last 2 years God has of course refined my faith in Him and off the shifting sand of money, job or even living situation.  Its not perfect I still get sore some months from the work out of faith but MUCH better.  There is one other major area that God has been working in in my life. GRACE.  I am in love with this word concept and interaction with my Heavenly Father because of what Jesus did for me by grace.  As you know I do word art.  Even the shape of all these letters together ( G R A C E) worms my heart and makes me thankful.
     I have written much about grace.  I have written a few post on 2 Cor. 9:8 in particular.  Just the other day I felt the Spirit prompt my heart to look up.  Like at verses 6-7.  I am usually all about context but verses 8 had me undone enough for months!  I was surprised to find something very familiar.
The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully[a] will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

     No I have ALWAYS thought this scripture was talking about a money gift and giving with the right heart.  Don't get me wrong it is in context. But what if God intended for us to get a little more out of it?  Like can it be applied to the giving of yourself.  Regardless of how much your income is there are treasures each of us posses beyond finances. Our time, our health, our focus, our priorities, our attitude and so on. 
     I have 3 kids less than 2 years apart.  I have always stayed home with them and consider this a privilege, absolutely.  As privileged as I am, there have been times that my nerves are shot or all three decide to melt down all day long and I want to (or have) join them.   I have actually said to them out loud, "OK! No body gets to need me for 10 whole minutes!"  I promise the attitude of my heart was not setting "healthy boundaries." This defiantly doesn't convey the truth that they are are gift from God! 
    I love the connection of verse 7 to verse 8 "God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work."  God has given each of us a good work.  Are we giving of ourselves cheerfully.  Are we giving of our selves propitiously (likely to have or produce good results), merrily, hilariously, and willingly.  Basically am I living my life on purpose towards others with love because I "have to" or because God has made me sufficient through His grace to do so in joy. 
     If you feel a lack of grace in your life...a great starting point is to just talk to the Lord and tell Him your wrong and you need Him. It is wonderful the grace and mercy that drenches you when those words are truly your heart before the Lord. 
     May we be filled with grace today that we can willingly and merrily do the things God has called us to because His grace paves the way! 
Right as I finished this I got a call from my sister for help, went into rush mode and was mean to my kids....So we are all works in progress! I told the Lord, I'm wrong told my kids I'm wrong and moved on in grace. Exhale. Imperfect progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment