Friday, January 23, 2015

ARE YOU SUFFERING?

We naturally choose comfort over discomfort.  Would you agree?  Right now I am choosing the discomfort of whipping my body back into healthy.  I am working out 6 days a weeks, hydrating and eating better.  I don't want to.  Every single day when its time to work out I don't want to.  And every single day when I am done I am so excited that I did it.  Some days I only work out so I don't have to tell my work out buddy that I didn't.  Seriously! 
     This is a discipline that I am choosing and it it hard.  What about the disciple ( not necessarily because your in trouble) of suffering.  We suffer or go through crappy circumstances for so many reasons.  Some times it is because of our choices but a lot of the time we don't get to tag a reason on it.  I have several dearly loved people in my like with serious chronic health issue.   The kind that make suffering a normal in their lives. Some times we suffer because of the choices someone else makes and we are tightly knit to them through marriage, blood or friendship.  My family and I have suffered in past year as a result of things we couldn't control. 
     Just like working out and disciplining our bodies we know there is benefit to suffering. We know that God has so much to say about it.

 Like: James 1
2 Count it all joy, my brothers,[b] when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

And : Romans 5
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith[b] into this grace in which we stand, and we[c] rejoice[d] in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

     We have read, reread and even memorized these scriptures but to we believe Him.  Do we believe that we could ever get to the other side of the thing we could never imagine happening to us and be able to say God has worked this for my good and His glory just like He promised. 
      I just felt strongly that there might be someone that is going through something that they couldn't imagine would happen in their life and there you are.  In the beginning or the middle and you just need a reminder of the truth.  YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN. GOD IS NOT LOOKING THE OTHER WAY. HE IS STILL GOOD AND HE CAN STILL BE TRUSTED. In fact if you are going to come out on the other end of your unimaginable you will NEED to trust Him with ALL your heart. You will need to forsake your own understanding and constantly check in with Him. He is the only one that can make a path straight in the midst of a storm. 
    You are love and God is still working on your behalf. Take heart today. Press into Him and even if you have no "feeling" to back it up..whisper out loud, "I TRUST You Lord." 

No comments:

Post a Comment