Friday, January 25, 2013

LOVE IS:

     I feel like I have been through a boot camp of sorts.  My idea of love has been broken down once again and build back up with the standard of God's word.  We learn so much about what love is in 1 Cor. 13.  We hear this scripture quoted in wedding most often. Which is especially wonderful because in my experience there is no one on earth I gotten to learn how to love God's way more than my wonderful man.
     So with out going into needless detail my man and I had some struggles this week and I was challenged by a wise woman about my understanding of love.  What is a normal attitude of love.  I was so blessed by these useful words and description of 1 Cor. 13.  I wanted to pass them on.  Ps. Paul and I worked through the struggles and have come out the other end more unified.


LOVE IS:

Love is passive. Waiting to begin. Looking forward to how God is going to take my obedience and do what He wants. This brings freedom from emotions.

Love is not in a hurry.

Love is Calm.

Love is ready to do its work when the summons comes.

Love suffers long, by obeying God in the same direction for a long time.

Love Bears all things not by white knuckling but goes with the discomfort and looks for how God will use it.

Love Believes all things about Jesus and God and doesn’t worship a formula. Believes God is holy and just and will use it for His glory.

Love hopes all things in Jesus. He has paid the price and that is where we hope.

Love understands and therefore waits. Understands God is holy and just and good. He loves me to discipline me to get me ready for continued kingdom work.
Love keeps its gaze on Jesus instead of what it wants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment