Wednesday, May 7, 2014

STONE HER

     I love it when you struggle with something, work it through with the Lord and then He quickly reassures you of the truth on the matter, through His word!  This just happened with me from yesterday to this morning. 
      When I picked my kiddos up from My Mother in Loves house yesterday she was giving me and update on an events in someones life.  I couldn't remember who she was talking about.  So the only point of reference she could think of was a time when this person said something to me and I got so angry and offended.  Mom, couldn't remember what the issue was just that I was so very angry.  BAM!  Like a Mac Truck I was hit with discouragement over who I used to be.  This negative interaction took place like 5 years ago and I felt condemned like it was today!  I did used to get so easily offended which of course is rooted in pride but then when Mom brought it up I was soooooooo embarrassed....Hum?  Also rooted in PRIDE!  I was quiet destroyed over it.  I was so tired from the days events that all I could to was apply what our Pastor had taught on, on Sunday.  "We LEAK so we need to ask continually for the Holy Spirit to fill us!"  I did that laid down on the couch and took a good nap.  I woke up in grace and with my thoughts/heart screwed on strait.  I called my Mother in love and she re enforced the truth that God loves me, five years ago, He loves me now and that I am lovely because of His love for me.  Oh yeah! 
     I know that being slammed with sin of the past can pop up.  It could be sin we have already asked God to cleanse us of.  So how do we handle it?  Do we waste time and energy being embarrassed, or condemned over it?  Or do we remind ourselves of the truth of God's word.  We are all a work in progress that He delights to mold and shape until the day of Christ Jesus?  This morning I just "happened to be" in John 8 and just look at Jesus' heart towards us! 

John 8


Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught[b] in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded[c] us that such should be stoned.[d] But what do You say?”[e] This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear.[f]
So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up[g] and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience,[h] went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her,[i] “Woman, where are those accusers of yours?[j] Has no one condemned you?”
11 She said, “No one, Lord.”
And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and[k] sin no more.”

Such GRACE! I choose to walk that out today, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment