Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Swift Answer

OK, So I last posted about our upcoming joblessness on Friday.  We didn't even make it to Friday. Paul's supervisor approached him Monday and asked if he would like a 30 day extension on his contract!  His boss and the boss above that are so for Paul. Its a blessing. They understand that he is trying to get into fire full time and wanted to offer the month of work if it would help give him time to find another job.  Yes, please!  Tuesday Paul took his IFSAC2 test.  (If he passes it will enable him to apply to more fire jobs than he could with out it).  He felt good about it but wont get results for 2 weeks.  He continues to actively look for work. Wow Right! 
     Monday I was so blessed.  I was blessed that God provided.  I was blessed that I really hadn't waisted much heart and soul on worry (a new exciting thing for me) I was blessed that my man is willing to do what it takes to provide for us, Blessed!  Then Tuesday came.  Paul was gone for work, then gone for fire.  Wednesday, Paul was gone for testing and then home for a moment and about to be gone again for Fire again.  I finally broke down.  It had been building up.  I went from I can believe God to be good and good towards us with out knowing if we would even be in our house for another month to angry and poor me with in the span of a couple days.  I was sobbing at the thought of having to keep doing life the same way we have for the past year for another 30 days.   As I looked forward to the rest of the week and weekend that he will be at training for I calculated only a handful of family hours.  Often I'm fine doing what it takes while we don't have Paul around and then he's home for a couple hours and I waist it being depressed it isn't longer!  Down right stupid but so tough to break when its a habit.  As I fell apart in my self-pity my man scooped me up (it was nap time so i could actually talk).  He spoke truth to me.  Even though its tough at least its the same tough...we don't have to learn a new tough.  We know how to do this one.  If he was to get the EMS job in Louisville (no local friends we would not move right away and maybe not at all) it could be the perfect set up to get us through till then.  He proceeded to remind me what a privilege it is to get to stay home and raise our kids.  That I don't have to go to a job work and then come home and try to pour into their lives.  Oh how my heart lightened as he spoke the soothing truth and lead me down the path of thankfulness!  I am so thankful for my man and so humbled at the frailty of my humanity.  I am so thankful for all the hard and terrible that he and I have been through in recent years that has brought us to this season.  A season not of ease but of faith and endurance.  God is so faithful to continue to keep working on us!  To Him be the glory! 
     After the nap Paul had to go do his EMT thing so I decided to get the rest of us outside. We went to the park. The kids gathered treasures for their Dad and we even found a Luna Moth Caterpillar when we got home. Luna Moths are my fave! 






Treasures


2 comments:

  1. That is great news about the 30 more days of work. Lord, please bless Paul with a job in the fire or medical field soon. Thank You that you have good plans for he and Jess. Please continue to provide as You have, and ease their burden and need for time with Dad at home. Thank you for Your creation and that Jess is able to enjoy it with the kiddos. Please keep her heart light. Amen!

    ReplyDelete