Saturday, May 11, 2013

WAIT

     Paul and I are in a season of waiting right now.  I have wrestle much with the Lord over my desire to know His plan for our lives NOW!  I didn't want to wait, I didn't want to participate in any doing or undoing in my heart that He had planned for this time.  Since that is a rebellious attitude you can just guess how miserable I was.  In the past I viewed waiting as being displaced till God gave you what you wanted.  I would never have said that out loud but deep down that was my perspective.  God had gracious plans to undo that very wrong thinking!  So, I found that I don't wait well and I want to.  I began to study what it looks like to wait God's way.  I have been floored by the things God is teaching me. This human experience is so dynamic and multifaceted that I think it is safe to say that we are in one way or another waiting for something always.  If you are waiting on God for something I would be honored to pass on what He is showing me that you may be encouraged and strengthened in the wait.  I will have to write several post on the matter. A book could be and I am sure is written on this issue.  I am no book writer but here is what I have so far:

The Doing and Undoing in Waiting 
     Psalm 25:5.
"Lead me in Your truth and teach me, 
for You are the God of my salvation; 
on You I wait all the day long. " 
     The most prominent definition of wait that I found in the Old Testament was the Hebrew word Gavah (Kaw-vaw'). A primitive root; to bind together (perhaps by twisting), that is, collect; (figuratively) to expect:- gather (together), look, patiently, tarry, wait (for, on, upon). 

     To BIND TOGETHER!  What!?  How John 15 (abide in me and I in you) is that!  So to wait God's way is not a sitting on your hands miserably but it is the action of binding ourselves to Christ.  All day the day long!  When the Holy Spirit seals us and takes residency in us upon salvation that is totally the work of God.  As we walk out our salvation we called to certain spiritual disciplines.  Abiding in Christ being one of them.  An issue that is unresolved in our lives forces us to wait on the solution.  There are some life issues that we are completely out of control of such as health, salvation of loved ones, healing, some aspects of income, and so on.  We do have control over how we wait on those desirable things.  We can bind ourselves to Christ in the unknown or try to handle it on our own.  Binding ourselves to Christ in the times of unresolved issues, doesn't take away the hard, but even in the difficulty God has shown me that there can be an element of fun at times.  Trusting Him is always more fun that not. 
     That's it for today. There is so much more. Be encouraged reader. Today lets bind together with Christ.  That will look a little different for everyone but some basic in binding is to get the things out of the way that get in between us and Christ. That idea of "twisting" will come from time spent with Christ. 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment