Tuesday, October 23, 2012

QUITTER!

     In my younger growing up years i did CYT Christian Youth Theater. I was a huge time commitment several days a week if you got in the show. Each time I wanted to do a show my Mom would sit down with me and we would look a the calender and make sure I could be at every single rehearsal and the 10 performances. This ingrained in me something wonderful, don't commit unless you intend to fallow though 100%.
     Today I quit Homeschooling Co-Op! Yep. It was so against my grain.
I prayed since we started a month and a half ago about if it was going to work for our family. Between co-op Tuesday, working nursery Wednesday, and grocery shopping Saturdays that took us out of the house for 1/2 days 3 days a week! I know there are some Mom's who are great at  go go going but the more I have the desire to be intentional with teaching in every aspect of life i just didn't want to give up that many days. So i quit. Sometimes I think its ok to choose better management of your home and family over something wonderful. Troy was the only one in classes...Bear and Abi were in the nursery board out of their minds for 3 hours.
                                          Hope he didn't do that with every piece!

      So after i made the decision i felt such freedom! I put make up on invited my Mother in Love and great friend Katie to the zoo and just played and enjoyed the animals. I am excited to not get caught up in business. I feel blessed that God got my attention and we slowed it back down. I'm not a peaceful patient Mom when I am over committed.







                       Abigail was fearless with the birds...she'd pet they'd bit, she'd scream and pet again.


                                                                   Super Granny!
Couldn't get it but Troy was holding my hand...doesn't happen a ton these days ...ah melt! 

Picture By Troy

Does this look loud? It was! 
 

1 comment:

  1. oo, I can comment on this one! I know it is hard to quit things, but it sounds like you know your family best and are making awesome decisions for them. Maybe down the road co-op will work (when all three are in lessons?) or maybe not! You are doing great. LOVE fearless Abi!! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete